Rent a Car Chicago and Burnham Harbor
Burnham Harbor is located on Northerly Island in downtown Chicago, situated in the middle of the museum campus on Lake Michigan. The Museum Campus is home to the Field Museum, the John G. Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium and a great place to visit with your Chicago travel guide.
A visit the whole family can enjoy
Visitors can spend their free time fishing, scuba diving, taking yacht cruises or dinning in nearby cafes. Families can enjoy the aquarium, planetarium, and museum before or after participating in aquatic recreational activities. The Ship's Store, which located in the harbor building, offers refreshments, apparel and boating supplies, it even houses a laundry facility. This is a great place to visit with your Chicago travel guide.
What to expect
Preparation and availability of services is imperative in enjoying a great experience with your Chicago travel guide. Burnham Harbor offers a wide array of services and amenities including:
- 1120 docks, mooring cans, and star docks
- Transient docking is also available
- Burnham Harbor monitors channels 9 and 16
- Fuel dock facility which dispenses gas and diesel fuels located onsite
- Waste pump-out equipment is available at no charge
- Launch ramp with parking for approximately 43 vehicles with trailers
- The Burnham Park Yacht Club has a mast stepping/unstopping capability
Where to find out more
For additional information or to plan your trip with your Chicago travel guide, please call:
1559 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Please contact Burnham Harbor any time AFTER May 15th regarding reservations.
Note: Parking in the area is $16.00 but there is an early bird special at the planetarium lot for $10 if you would like to group up and car pool back.