Luxury Car Rentals Chicago and Millennium Park
Located in downtown Chicago on Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park is a 24.5 acre space of unprecedented beauty and innovation. First planned in 1997 as a way to revitalize a warn out section of the city, Millennium Park quickly evolved into one of the most significant millennium projects on the planet. A center of world-class art, music, architecture and design, the park is much more than you're average local hangout. Enjoy everything from ice skating to al fresco dining during your upcoming luxury car rentals Chicago vacation with one simple stop. Millions of visitors have made an effort to see this stunning example of modern day art, and now you can too. Plan to visit the Millennium Park during your upcoming luxury car rentals Chicago vacation and see for yourself why on prominent civic leader said that Millennium Park would "define Chicago to the entire world as America's greatest city".
A New Meaning to "Art in the Park"
Millennium Park features a number of priceless architectural masterpieces. In fact, some of the brightest minds in design collaborated on the pieces currently on display in the park, so please feel free to take your time appreciating them. Landmark monuments in the park include:
- The Jay Pritzker Pavilion: This stunning meeting place stands more than 120 feet tall and features a billowing "headdress" of stainless steal ribbons. Crisscrossing steal pipes cover the lawn seating area and provide visitors with an added touch of style. More than 4,000 fixed seats are located inside the Pavilion, and the entire complex has a seating capacity of about 7,000. With its open-air "acoustical canopy", the Jay Pritzker Pavilion is among the most technologically advanced concert venues in the world.
- The BP Bridge: Designed by legendary architect Frank Gehry, the BP Bridge is a sinuous pedestrian crossing between the Millennium Park and the eastern portion of Grant Park and Lake Michigan. The only Gehry-designed bridge in the world, the BP Bridge is 935 feet long and clad in stainless steel panels. Its innovative design protects audience members at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion from luxury car rentals Chicago travelers on Columbus Drive.
- The Crown Fountain: Two 50 foot glass block towers set this fountain apart from the rest of the park, providing visitors with a stunning architectural centerpiece. Designed by Spanish sculptor Jaume Plensa, the fountain features changing video images and lights along with cascading rolls of water. Located in the southwest corner of the Park, the Crown Fountain provides travelers with a unique meeting space and a world-renowned piece of public art.
- The Lurie Garden: Lurie Garden is a unique combination of spatial structures, plants and lighting. Designed by Kathryn Gustafson, Piet Oudolf and Robert Israel, the Garden encompasses a number of distinct spaces. Whether you're looking to escape the crush of the city, or revel in the beauty of it all, there's a place for you inside the Lurie Garden.
- The Kapoor Sculpture on SBC Plaza: One of the Park's major features, the Kapoor Sculpture on SBC Plaza is forged from a seamless series of highly-polished stainless steel plates. Weighing in at just over 110 tons, this highly reflective piece of art work provides luxury car rentals Chicago travelers with a beautiful glimpse of the Chicago skyline. Designed by the celebrated British artist Anish Kapoor, the Kapoor Sculpture on SBC Plaza is now considered to be one of the world's most prolific creations.
Don't Miss It: Tours of Millennium Park
With so much to see and do in Millennium Park, it's hard to decide where to start. If you would like some help with your upcoming visit to Millennium Park, Chicago Exotic Car Rentals recommends participating in one of the Park tours. Tours of the Park are offered by the Millennium Park Greets and are held every Wednesday - Friday from 10am to 4pm. These tours last for approximately 45 minutes. No luxury car rentals Chicago vacation would be complete without a stop at this award-winning park, so what's holding you back? Plan a stop at Millennium Park today.
Charter Boat Chicago
If you're looking for an exciting morning, afternoon or evening of Lake Michigan salmon & trout fishing, want to entertain customers, friends and family on a Chicago sightseeing cruise or simply need an afternoon of relaxation on a private yacht...You have come to the right place!